10 Tips To Get More Birds Using Your Bird Box
Do you want to attract more birds to your yard? If so, then you should consider investing in a birdhouse! But before buying one, there are some things that you need to keep in mind. In this blog post, we will explore ten tips and tricks that can help increase the appeal of any birdhouse.
- Balance the size of your backyard. If you have a small yard, invest in a more miniature birdhouse and vice versa.
- Don’t forget about safety! Make sure that any wires are not exposed so that birds can get entangled or injured by them.
- If possible, hang the birdhouse on something high enough off of the ground for cats and other critters to be unable to reach it easily. This will also help keep rain from seeping into the home as well!
- Birdhouses should ideally be situated near trees because they provide natural cover without obscuring views inside outwards. -It’s always best if there are multiple entrances on different sides of the house since this provides more options for birds to come and go.
- A birdhouse should also be situated next to other structures that the birds are familiar with, like a feeder or nesting box, since this will encourage them to make it their new home!
- Avoid using colors outside your house that might scare off birds, such as red, green, black, and brown, because these can give an unwelcome vibe. Instead, it would be best to stick with natural shades like white and light blue, which are more inviting. The inside of the birdhouse is another story, though: if you want color in there, then feel free to paint away!
- If possible, try not to place any obstructions around your birdhouses, so they remain visible from afar (like trees, bushes, and other objects).
- It’s not uncommon for the birds to build nests on top of the birdhouses. So if you want any babies born in there, then it is best to stick with a house with an enclosed space inside where they can lay their eggs.
- To maintain cleanliness from bacteria or fungi, we recommend wiping down your birdhouse every few weeks using soap and water so that dirt doesn’t accumulate too much inside!
- If you’re looking for some more decoration ideas, try adding some flowers around the base of your new home because this will make it stand out even more! Plus, flying insects like bees will be attracted by all of those pretty petals (and they’ll provide some natural pest control!)